Thursday, 30 April 2009

Background for donkey

I have searched my photos for a suitable background for the donkey and hope to incorporate something from each of these.  Of course the background should have been established first but breaking the rules is an artist's perogitive and I was so eager to get started on the subject.  The most difficult part will be getting the correct perspective, light direction and grounding the donkey so he looks part of the scene.  Up until now I have either left the background out or given it a blurred non-descript look so a new phase for me.  I am looking forward to doing the lovely textures on the walls and yard floor. 
The old cart wheels are from NZ, the window from Slovakia, the watering-can from Yorkshire and the yard is Secret World in Somerset, the wildlife rescue centre.

No comments: