Monday, 13 July 2009

On the beach WIP

Two weeks away in the caravan and a week getting forms filled and pictures labelled for forthcoming exhibtions and I feel like I am starting from scratch with my art. I tried several things today to get me in art mode and finally I got hooked with this little chap.

Whilst walking along one of the promenades in Suffolk I spotted some children and teachers on a school outing dressed in Victorian clothes. Unfortunately I had no sketch book with me so a few distant shots with the camera was all I could manage. The photos weren't brilliant as unknowingly I had the camera on ISO1600 AGH!!!! Nevertheless I had a few outlines to work from and hope to make this into a beach scene. This little chap is 13cm high. Coloured pencil on Fabriano Artistico.

No comments: