Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Another Zebra


Following my highly commended award at the UKCPS exhibition in Birmingham for the 'Not all is black and white' I decided to try another zebra. This is from a photo I took at Marwell Zoo last year. The ref. photo was pretty awful as I had zoomed in so much and lost the detail so I used a lot of imagination to get the shading right but I am pleased with the result. Stonehenge black paper with mainly derwent drawing pencils and Prismacolor. Size about 48x32cm. No title yet.

3 comments:

Janet Pantry said...

This is great Pauline, I like the unusual composition and the red tones you have in there - they really make it come alive. Congrats on the Commendation for your UKCPS pic, well deserved.

sue said...

Hi Pauline
Great to meet you at the lunch last week (albeit briefly).
I really love this portrait (probably more than the double zebra picture) as the composition is so interesting and unusual.

Pauline said...

Thanks Janet & Sue, it was good to meet you both, lovely to put faces to names. I also prefer this picture to the other one because it is more quirky and also I can see that my technique has improved so much.