Thursday, 19 November 2009

End of the lull


I can't believe it is so long since I posted to my blog. I have been so busy with the last of the exhibitions, still have 4 pictures in at the RWA Friends, and besides that we have had a new central heating system installed and still have all the other bits to do to finish off. It has been a hard process getting back into painting again. I have had so many false starts, nothing worth showing and last week I started several different projects that may come to something or not but here is the first picture completed since the last post blog and I am really pleased with it so hopefully the dry period is over. I was inspired by a picture of a cat that Margaret Edwards was demonstrating at the NEC Art Materials Live show. I found a suitable royalty free reference photo on Wet Canvas (a big thank you to the photographer) and have been working on this over the last few days. I have used Prismacolor on dk grey Pastelmat size 36x28cm.

5 comments:

pencilscribbles said...

Beautiful subject and so lovingly executed. Well done!

Also a Hello from a fellow WC! member. Isn't RIL a gift from heaven?!

Pauline said...

Hi and thanks, I have to admit I haven't as yet posted anything on WC and it is the first ref.photo I have used. I tend to take my own pictures just in case I wan't to exhibit but I didn't have any of cats. I have to say it is such a sweet pose, I loved doing it and it got me out of the duldrums.

Janet Pantry said...

This is beautifully done, Pauline, and I'm glad you're out of the doldrums! I saw Margaret Edwards demonstrating last year at the NEC and was impressed then, she does lovely cats.

Chrissy said...

It is very lovely, gorgeous soft fur and wonderful expression. I love the crop too. Lovely work Pauline and it was very nice to meet you at the NEC.
You know, I have been looking for a photograph for a project and forgot all about WC, doh!

Kay said...

Beautiful drawing, I love the amber colours. I was at the NEC too, very enjoyable day. And I saw your piece at the RBSA, an excellent exhibition. Lovely work. Well done.