Saturday, 5 December 2009

Cat 2


My second cat in coloured pencil on anthracite Pastelmat. I don't think this one is as good as the previous one I did on dark grey pastelmat. I wanted to create more shadow and thought the anthracite would save me some work, which it did to an extent but then I had to work harder to get the light and midtones which I eventually achieved by using Zest-it to smooth out the layers for the underpainting before putting the hair detail on last. I don't love him as much as the first one but he is still quite cute.

5 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Good.
http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/
Portugal

sue said...

I think he has turned out very nicely Pauline. Where do you buy Zest It in the UK??

Janet Pantry said...

I think you've done a good job on this one, Pauline, nice choice of colours, as ever. I've just used Pastelmat for the first time, anthracite colour. Not sure I like it as much as sanded paper, tho - a bit too soft. You've used Zest It very effectively and I know what you mean about getting the lighter colours to look right, tricky! :)

Pauline said...

Sue, I have had the zest-it for so long I can't remember where I bought it but I think it was probably Jacksons. A little goes a long way. I have also discovered that I can completely remove all CP from Pastelmat with zest-it and start again.

ernestorod said...

ohhhh!!!! beautiful this cat.
good 2010 for you.
ernestorod