Friday, 23 April 2010

Chimp


This one is with newly acquired Derwent tinted charcoal pencils on Anthracite Pastelmat size about A4.  I finished him a couple of days ago, wasn't sure at first but I am liking him more as I look at him...(or her).  The pencils are nice to use, silky, layer well and coverage is quick. I think the paper was too dark and didn't make the most of the subtle colours.  I used a lot of white and out of choice I would like to add a cream to the collection so will probably supplement it with a cream pastel pencil.

3 comments:

Janet Pantry said...

Very effective, Pauline, I love his/her expression! I like those pencils too, nice subtle colours.

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

I've been wanting to give those pencils a try. You did a wonderful job Pauline! it looks great.

Nancy

Pauline said...

Thank you Janet and Nancy, I will certainly give these pencils another go.