Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Busy, busy, busy.....

I can't believe 9 days have passed since my last post, where has the time gone?  But then I guess I have been busy with all sorts of things.  Transcribing family history records for Somerset Hundreds, a day with my brother cooing over the new addition in the family, a 10 week old Border Terrier.  Preparing for my Glastonbury Exhibition on 29 May - 6 June.  I also have a craft stall at Stourhead (National Trust in Wiltshire) this weekend where I will be selling my felted hats and bags that I made during the long cold winter when my art had dried up.  (It will be great to see you there, if you can make it please make yourself known).  Yesterday, with wood, drill and saw in hand I was making hat stands.

Stourhead arts and crafts will be quite a family affair as my sister, Rona, will be selling her knitted mice and my daughter, Emma, designer bunting, her new venture called Threads and Tails.  I spent the weekend helping her with last minute preparations and doing simple sketches suitable for felt cutouts for decoration.  Here are a few examples. I also did some vehicles and animals too.  I am not very proficient at drawing from the imagination but  once I got started the ideas seemed to flow.  It's great being a member of an arty/crafty family, we bounce ideas off one another when we get together and then there is no stopping us.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Charming sketches, I hope the craft fair goes well. Your sister's little mice are delightful, I discovered it's a very small world as when I clicked on the link I realised I was at the photostream of DJL Dorset - a Flickr photographer whose stream I regularly visit! Your sister is his mum!
Your daughter's buntings are also creative and pretty, it must be fun to be able to share and chat about arty crafty subjects.

sue said...

What fun! I love the knitted mice and takes me back to a time (probably 15 years ago now) where I was hooked on knitting animals/toys/dolls - there are so many wonderful designs out there. I didn't go so far as your sister though - putting them in little tableaux.

Best of luck with the show - its too far for me to travel unfortunately.

Pauline said...

Thanks Sue and Karen. A small world indeed Karen, and the internet seems to have made it even smaller. We have tried to get David to take his photos to the fair but he is too shy, however he will be wandering about Stourhead with his camera as his wife looks after my sister's stall. Rona feels she is too old to sit on a hard chair for 2 days.