Sunday, 6 June 2010

Charlie and the Exhibition

Sadly the exhibition wasn't a great success as far as sales go but on the positive side we had a lot of interest in coloured pencils and some wonderful comments in our visitors book.  We also acquired a few more applications for our Coloured Pencil Experience workshop in Mark, Somerset on 26 June.
I was demonstrating with coloured pencils on the days I was stewarding  and Charlie is the result.  I used Derwent watercolour pencils on Pastelmat and blended with spirit on a cotton bud.  It gave a very painterly effect, this image is a bit redder than the original.  I was so pleased with the results I have entered it into the UKCPS 9th Open International Exhibition to be held in Stamford Lincolnshire in September.

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is a super portrait. Sorry you didnn't sell anything but I still think a great achievement to have put on an exhibition!

Tracy Hall said...

Lovely portait of Charlie, Pauline! Sorry your exhibition didn't generate more sales but it sounds like it was a success all the same.

sue said...

Great portrait of Charlie.

I think art sales have really been hit by the recession this year. When I visited my framer last week he was very despondent about the downturn in his business. Fingers crossed it will all turn around again soon :o)

Janet Pantry said...

Really lovely portrait, Pauline! I love the way you did his hat. Good luck in the UKCPS Exhib. wiith it - I 'm not entering anything this year, couldn't get my act together! Disappointing re. your own exhibition but still sounds like it was worth the effort.

Pauline said...

Thanks all for the comments on Charlie, it's a waiting game now to see if it will be selected.