Saturday, 26 June 2010

Coloured Pencil Experience Workshop


We had a very successful meeting at our second Coloured Pencil Experience workshop in Somerset today.  14 of us managed to brave the heat, avoid Glastonbury Festival (just down the road) and tear ourselves away from the football and tennis.  Many who came were new to CP and Bev, Diana and I were kept on are toes doing demonstrations, giving a helping hand and offering advice.  The heat got to most of us by 3pm so we finished a little earlier than planned but I hope everyone has gone home with renewed enthusiasm for getting their pencils going.  In the first picture we have Bev Lewis showing us how to create long whispy fur and secondly  Diana Connor passing on her botanical expertise.  My demo was the llama on the previous post and techniques for working on black paper.  If anyone who came is reading this post I hope you enjoyed your day and I look forward to meeting you again and seeing your progress at the next meeting.  I also hope we have inspired those of you who are not already members to join the UKCPS and help promote coloured pencil art.

1 comment:

sue said...

well done to you and Bev - sounds like a very successful day!

I'm going to be on hols for a week from Wednesday but have some 'people portraits' commissions to start when I get back. May be contacting you for help with cps and Zest-it techniques :o) I normally use cps on Fabriano artistico for 'people' but really love the couple you've shown recently on pastelmat