Sunday, 18 July 2010

Beads


I have just about finished. This is certainly the best picture I have done of this beaded girl but still not totally happy with it.  The skin is quite painterly and I would have preferred it smoother.  I should have layered more carefully in the early stages.  I put the paper on a sheet of rigid plastic placed on a hot water bottle to try to blend a little more.  It certainly helped to melt the wax enough to blend with finger but it then became rather dull so had to work over it again.  I can hear my teachers comments on my school reports echoing in my ears.  'Must take more care  and not rush things!' agh if only I could.

4 comments:

sue said...

Well it looks great from where I'm sitting Pauline. I love the beads!

Pauline said...

Thanks Sue, that was a quick response. You must be sat at your computer instead of doing your art! I am just deciding what to do next.

sue said...

Just having a break from gardening - its getting pretty hot outside.

I started a double portrait (human) on pastelmat but am having difficulties with the slightly darker grey (skintones worked much better on the light grey for some reason). I'll give it another couple of hours to see if it improves ... may just have to abandon it and start over. Do you find some pastelmat colours work better than others with cps and zest-it?

Pauline said...

I think I have only used the light grey, white and buttercup with zest-it. I think dark grey maybe OK for fur but then the whites might be difficult to achieve. I don't think I would attempt pink flesh with dark grey. Let me know how you get on.