Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Harvest Mouse


I'm on a roll today but now the dark clouds have descended and the light isn't good enough to start another.  This one is 12x22cm  on light grey pastelmat.  I have used mostly tinted charcoal pencils with a touch of yellow and pink pastel to brighten it up.  I do like the charcoal they enable me to get the darks in quickly but they feel a little scratchy and slightly set my teeth on edge so I find myself gritting my teeth and ending up with an achy jaw.  Must think of another subject for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Another good one Pauline, as you say you are on a roll. I like the colours too.

Janet Pantry said...

Lovely Pauline! I like his curling tale - and the long format. Must be refreshing to do these drawings so quickly. Tinted charcoal huh? You are so versatile! :)

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

I love this, adorable!