Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Blue Turban, Pink Shirt

I have been busy getting pictures ready for a couple of art club exhibitions, can't believe how long it takes filling in forms, labelling everything and choosing which picture to put where.  Anyway 4 pictures have been duly delivered to Clevedon for the juried open and I won't know until next week which ones have been accepted.
My lovely man gave me a set of Staedler Fineliners so I have been playing with them today and this is the result.  I love the vivid colours, they blend well with a waterbrush and although the colour range is small they mix easily.  This picture is partly imagined size about A4 on Fabriano Classico.  I think I could get hooked on these, just need to find the right subjects.

6 comments:

sue said...

Very striking Pauline

Good luck with all your juried entries - I'm sure they'll all be successful

Pauline said...

Thank you Sue, pleased to see the comments are now working.

Bev said...

Hi Pauline I see you have been busy! I like your portrait, very colourful, these pens seem to suit your style very well.
I see you have also redesigned your blog, very nice.

Good luck with Clevedon.

Brenda said...

Those colors are so delightfully vibrant. A very eye catching work of art. Good luck on your entries!

Marion said...

Very nice. Such vivd colours. I have some of the fineliners and they are fun to use although I had not thought of using them with water. Must put it on the ever growing to do list

Toemailer said...

Very nice portrait!