Sunday, 24 October 2010

Where have I been?

I cannot believe it is over a month since my last blog, where does the time go?  However, although I have done very little in the way of painting I have been doing lots of other arty things.  My picture of 'Charlie' got a Highly Commended at the  UKCPS annual exhibition held in the Art Gallery in Stamford, Lincolnshre.  I made 2 visits, one to help set up the UKCPS exhibition and again to do some demonstrating, help to take down an pack pictures as well as attend the AGM in my capacity as Local Groups Co-ordinator.  I have also had a day in London at Westminster Hall for a meeting about next years exhibition which is going to be quite an event.  The UKCPS will be celebrating their 10th anniversary and Faber-Castell, our sponsor, their 250th.  Speight of the Art will also be their promoting art for children. So lots more to do on this as the months go by.
Also we have had out 3rd Coloured Pencil Experience workshop in Somerset.  It has been so successful we have had to book a bigger venue for next March as we couldn't fit everyone in this time.  New people attend as well as regulars and everyone seems very appreciative of their day spent with coloured pencils.  I also have 2 others booked in Devon and Dorset in the Spring, do come if you can, no experience required and you don't have to be a member of the UKCPS.  Email me for more details and an application form.
I have also been involved with 'The Big Draw' at the Ilminster Arts Centre and have agreed to take a Coloured Pencil Workshop there starting in January.  More details are on their website.
Fellow UKCPS member, Terry White asked me to help him set up a local group in Cheddar that meets every other Wednesday morning and I am also helping a friend, John Morland, to run his U3A drawing class.  John is a self taught watercolour artist and has done some amazing landscapes in the past, he now enjoys passing on his techniques to others.
Phew!!  This week I hope to get down to some painting again.
'Charlie' Highly Commended at the 9th UKCPS International Open Exhibition

1 comment:

sue said...

Wow .... busy lady Pauline :o)

I've volunteered my services to the UKCPS Exec also but for the moment its nose to the grindstone trying to get wildlife stuff art finished for a local November exhibition and staying on track with Christmas commissions.

Look forward to seeing more of your pictures soon