Saturday, 1 January 2011

King Charles Spaniel

Happy New Year to all my followers.  This is my first picture of the New Year, this King Charles Spaniel is appropriately named Charlie.  He was about 6 months old when I took the reference photo and he is absolutely adorable.  I am usually a big dog person but this little chap is so cuddlesome I could take him home.  However I do get the chance to doggie set him from time to time.  I have used a new paper, Strathmore Bristol Vellum so it was really an experimental piece.  I would certainly use it again.  Size is 9x12 inches and I used Prismacolor and a few Derwent W/C pencils for the background.   I have decided to call it "Not me Mum!" he's got that guilty look as though he has just chewed my favourite shoes.

1 comment:

sue said...

Happy New Year to you too Pauline.

'Charlie' seems to be a recurring name for your subjects :o) He's gorgeous - such lovely eyes