Saturday, 11 June 2011

Chuffed to bits

I entered the SAA Artist of the Year competition for the first time and was so surprised to receive a letter telling me that my entry 'Itchy Feet' in coloured pencils was awarded 'Commended Finalist'.  There were 6,000 entries and I am in the top 62.  The exhibition will be at 'It's All About Art' at The Business Design Centre, Islington from 21st to 23rd July 2011.

I have been neglecting my blog recently but I haven't been totally idle as I have been taking some coloured pencil workshops which have required quite a lot of preparation.  Hope to get back to drawing for pleasure again next week.

3 comments:

Lesley Crawford, Gaia Art said...

Congratulations, I'm so pleased for you.

Julia Ruffles | wildlife animal artist said...

WOW what a wonderful blog I look forward to seeing more of past and future works :) A huge congratulations on your SAA achievement how exciting! Jules

Pauline said...

Thank you Lesley and Julia, yes I am quite excited and hoping to get to see it in the exhibition.