Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Self Portrait WIP3

I added a layer of Derwent W/C blue grey to the background and blended it again, I am happy with it now as the colour recedes.  Then of course I couldn't wait to have a go at the face.  The Zest-it has smoothed out all the lines and wrinkles (if only it could do it for real).   I have also tweaked the mouth a little more.  I will probably put more colour and definition back in the face but will wait until the hair are dress are done.  I have a dilemma, what colour should I do the dress.  I have no idea what it was originally but I think it was probably white and I'm not sure how well white will take on the light grey pastelmat with zest-it.  If I do it girly pink then I think this will fight with the face...um some experimenting needed I think.
I have been trying out the same technique on Strathmore vellum but the zest-it doesn't work as well as on Pastelmat.  I really enjoy this method of working as it is so quick compared to conventional ways of using coloured pencils.

No comments: